I started to write something last week about the sinus infection’s reign of terror, but then never finished it. There was a discussion of how prednisone is pretty much the WORST THING EVER and I will never ever ever get back together* with it. BUT, I’m feeling nearly normal now, haven’t taken a dramamine for the head wibblys in several days now, and all in all improving. Yay. My brain works again!
*If you click that link, I can not be held responsible for the earworm. Also, I’M SORRY.
In other news:
- The speedometer on my car has stopped working. The gas gauge quit about a year and a half ago. The car is only 8 years old and has around 70,000 miles on it. This should not be happening. A quick call to the dealer suggested that I needed a few hundred dollars to get it fixed. *sigh* As luck would have it, my tax refund will be enough to fix this plus let me do something else. Yay for being a responsible adult?
- I’m taking a class this summer that requires I have Windows 7. I wish I would have just pulled the trigger on switching back to a Windows laptop when I was shopping for a computer in the summer, but I thought I would be able to hold out for a little longer.
- As if the new(ish) mac knows of my plan to buy a new computer, it has been acting up the past few days. I don’t know what’s up with it and it’s hard to explain other than general slowness, so there may be a trip to the genius bar in my future. This is just what one needs at the end of the semester, right? *sigh*
- I am crazy cupcake prep mode – our Relay for Life event is next weekend & I’ll be baking cupcakes to sell there again this year. This year I have an assistant in coworker Jennifer, whose house we’ll be doing most of the baking at.
- I survived the first storm of the Spring of 2013 – there was apparently an EF0 tornado only a few blocks away from me, but my little corner of the city was unharmed (save for a power outage that lasted just long enough for me to find & light a candle).
- And, finally, only a few more weeks of class this semester & then I get about 4 weeks off before I start the summer semester. My class in the summer is only 6 weeks, so after it’s over I get July & most of August without classes. Whee!
- Apparently today is officially “National Grilled Cheese Day”, so go out and enjoy a tasty cheesy sammy today.