Happy New Year’s Eve! I’ve been thinking back over the 2012 that was & it’s been a busy year!
- I sewed with flannel & fleece for the first time (Neither was hard, but the fleece was a bit testy).
- I learned to needle felt.
- I attended my first Passover Seder.
- I sold cupcakes at Relay for Life
- There were 3 baby showers, including one thrown for Mindy.
- I learned that roasting vegetables is awesome – it might be my new favorite thing (tomatoes, brussel sprouts, and cauliflower were all delicious!)
- I saw a corpse flower bloom, though it wasn’t as stinky as I expected.
- I also FINALLY made a trip out of the country this year, even though it was just to Toronto for a conference. While there, I got to hug the Stanley Cup.
- I started my PhD program in Epidemiology & survived the first semester (4.0 GPA this semester!).
My goals for 2012 didn’t go great, but I’m not disappointed in my accomplishments.
- I had set a goal to read 25 books in 2012 & I didn’t quite meet it – all the reading for my classes took away time from reading for pleasure/fun. I made it through 22 books, though, so I still read 7 books more than in 2011. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern was my favorite book of the year I read it in January & it is STILL the one I think about most often from those 22 books.
- I didn’t do anything good & healthy this year. That goal kind of completely fell apart.
- As for crafty pursuits goals for this year, I didn’t finish any of the quilts I have started, though I am nearly done with the top of cousin Christy’s quilt now. I think I just have the sashing left to sew on, then I can worry about the back & actually doing the quilting part.
I did finish 24 knit projects this year, including a sweater for me. Technically I finished 2 sweaters for me, but one of them has had the yoke ripped back & needs to be reknit. So that’ll become a 2013 FO. I knit 6.5 hats, finished a pair of socks, did squares for 3 group project blankets, made 6 shawls/scarves/cowls, 2 pair of fingerless mitts, and 3 baby sweaters. PHEW.
I did some sewing & embroidery this year, too, but I can’t share photos since not all of it has been gifted. Needless to say, it will be in the Handmade Holidays wrap up when everything has been gifted. :)
I’m not setting any specific goals for 2013 – I’m just going to see where the year takes me.