Healthy Update, March 14

I have not been to the gym in WEEKS. And it’s not just that I haven’t been to the gym, but I haven’t been doing any kind of exercise other than a little extra walking at work.

It’s been a vicious cycle – I felt crappy because I wasn’t getting any exercise, but then I wouldn’t go work out because I felt crappy. Then I actually got sick thanks to my sinuses and the mild winter* and STILL didn’t get to the gym (not to mention being extra sick for a couple days thanks to pulling something idiotic with my antibiotic). AND I got my very first inhaler at the same time, so that was fun. I only mention it because I felt very “baby’s first inhaler” while trying to use it. I am inhaler-defective or something.

So, anyway. I need a plan. Something that I report on to get back on track, which will not be exciting for those of you reading (and I do sometimes think of y’all), but it keeps me accountable.

  • Gym or workout – at least 30 minutes a day 3 times a week.
  • Track all my food. It really helps me see where I need to reassess what I’m eating, so I just need to do it.
  • Weigh in weekly. I’m not going to report starting weight, but I know it and I’ll report pounds down or up.
  • 80/20 on food – eat healthy 80% of the time and I can go a little off the other 20%. It will help.

I think those are the things that I need to really focus on. I also still want to try to run that 5k at some point. My hip is not better. I mean, it’s better, but it’s still a problem. It’s never going to be 100% if I don’t keep up with my exercises, which is part of my workout plan. Anyway, I would like to be able to do a 5k by the end of the year. Again, it may be that I just can’t run, but I won’t know for sure until I start training & try to get through more than 2 minutes of running. So that’s a tentative plan. 5k.

Also on the schedule: figure out a better post title for this series.

*Which was nice at the time, but I just KNEW that the allergy sufferers including myself) would be paying for it come spring. And now it’s March and it was 86 freakin’ degrees today. I am so not ready for the weather to change to such an extreme.

Advertisements