Now that we are firmly ensconced in 2012 & I’ve been able to step away from Doctor Who long enough to use my computer for other things*, I can do my year in review & goals for 2012.
In 2011, I finished 33 knit and crochet projects. Several of them were wee small items, but I did finish 2 sweaters & got some old UFOs off needles this year.
As for sewing/embroidery/cross stitch – a total of 20 items finished there, though there were 2 quilt tops and 17 of the fun little totes I made at the end of the year (which I guess might make the total 36). I did also get the quilt blocks for cousin Christy’s quilt made, I just have not gotten around to sewing them all together for the top yet.
How did I do on my goals for 2011? Well, not great, really.
- Reading – I wanted to read more of the books that I have on my shelves. While I did get through a few, I did not read nearly as much as I did the previous year. In fact, I only read 15 books this year. I think if I count re-reads that didn’t get recorded in Goodreads, I can get up to 20, but that doesn’t compare with the 37 I read in 2010.
- Health/Fitness. This was kind of a roller coaster this year, but overall it wasn’t great. I’m in the loss column for weight on the year overall, but 8 pounds is nothing to write home about. I did also have to undergo physical therapy for the hip again. One the plus side, I walked a 10k over the summer, so that was good.
- Crafty. See above. I think I did pretty good on this one – I was able to follow patterns for my quilt tops (the last and only one I made I just created from my mind). I didn’t get any weaving done, though I did successfully warp the loom at one point.
So, what about 2012? What should my goals be? I read something Saturday afternoon that said resolutions fail because they’re too vague (it was only one reason, but it’s the one I’m going with). So let’s be specific.
- Reading: I want to read 25 books this year – first time reads. So I can reread things, but they don’t count for this goal. I know I have enough in my my “to read” list to more than cover this & I’m sure more books will come out this year that I want to read.
- Crafty: This one is a little harder to make specific. The big thing that I want to accomplish this year is finishing a quilt by myself – specifically, let’s take one of those quilt tops I’ve made & get it quilted & finished off with binding and everything.
- Health/Fitness: Specific goals – go to the gym 3 times a week. Get 5 servings of fruit/vegetables per day. Focus on how I’m feeling instead of the number on the scale (this one is kind of vague, but my thinking here is that if I can get to the gym & eat healthier, then I’ll feel better. If I feel better, the weight will start to come off again. But if I focus on the scale, I’ll be disappointed when it doesn’t move as fast as I want it to).
So, that’s it. Here is to a wonderful 2012 for all of us!
*I watched all of season 5 in 3 days. That can’t be healthy. Also, netflix doesn’t have season 6 yet. What is up with that?