I don’t know where the past couple weeks have gone. I had big plans to accomplish many things during my time off work for the holidays. Unfortunately, I was struck down with the flu the week of Christmas. I was so incredibly sick that I didn’t even know if I would be able to leave the house for the family Christmas Eve shindig. Luckily, I was feeling well enough by Friday that I was able to go, although I’m still not completely recovered. The remnants mean that I cough A LOT and tire out easily, leading to not getting nearly as much accomplished as I would like. On the plus side, I lost 5 pounds during the illness.
- I graduated in August with my MPH in biostatistics & epidemiology, which means I am FREE from school. WOO!! There is still the little thought in my head that it would be awfully nice to get my PhD, but I need rest.
- There was much job drama. Eventually, the job drama ended & we all breathed easier.
- At the very end of the year, there was also excellent work news. I’m (impatiently) waiting until all the ducks are in a row before sharing it with the entire world (though friends & family already know).
- In March, a small group of the knitting crew gathered to learn to weave. For me, it was about figuring out if this was a hobby I wanted to start. And yes, yes it was. I actually got a loom for Christmas (yay!) – Kim helped me stain it & put it together yesterday, so now I need to figure out how to warp it and all that jazz. I’m excited to see what I can do with weaving in 2011.
- In September/October, I went on vacation with D-squared, which was my first real vacation in a long time. I’m quite looking forward to more vacations in the future. Yay!
- I read 40 books.
- I finished 33 knitted objects & 6 crocheted ones. I also learned how to follow crochet patterns (& can almost read the charts – I still need the written directions to get started, but then I can follow a chart).
- On the less good side, I gained back a hefty portion of the 40 pounds I had lost previously. I’m not beating myself up about it at this point – there was a long period of time where I was incredibly stressed out, not feeling up to snuff, & just couldn’t get motivated to do anything about it. I look forward to getting back on track in 2011.
I’m not planning to set any goals for 2011. I have things I want to accomplish, but they’re fairly general. I am excited to see what the new year brings.
Happy New Year to you and yours.