I have no “healthy Kara” update this week. Winter is bringing out the blah in me right now. The gray cloudy days, the dark sky when my alarm goes off in the morning, the fight to just get to work at a semblance of “on time”, it’s all just sucking my life force right now.
What helps? Knitting. Always the knitting.
I pulled all the yarn for this out of my stash just a couple Wednesdays ago & went to knit night. I sat on the floor with my pile of yarn & we all went to town figuring out the best color combinations. I expected to need to pick up a skein or two to get them all right, but it turned out that I had everything I needed in my stash.
On Thursday, I cast on. By the following Saturday (just this past one), I sat & bound off while watching ice dancing* on the tele. I washed & set it out to dry, which it was STILL doing when I took pictures last night.
Pattern: Dipped Infinity Scarf by Laura Chau (rav link) This pattern, by the way, is one of the many you can buy right now & the designer will donate a portion of the proceeds to a charity helping Haiti.
Yarn: In the order I knit them:
- Claudia Hand Painted Fingering: Last Night’s Wine (~100 yards)
- Plucky Knitter MCN Fingering: Jezebel (~150 yards)
- Plucky Knitter Merino Superwash: Florin (~100 yards)
- Plucky Knitter Silk Merino Fingering: Atlanta (~100 yards)
- Sunshine Yarns Classic Sock: Crookshanks (~100 yards)
- ShibuiKnits Sock: Wasabi (~100 yards)
- Plucky Knitter MCN Fingering: Riverview Drive (~100 yards)
- Plucky Knitter 80/20 Merino Nylon Superwash: Cinzia Ziccardi (~50 yards)
Needles: Size 9 KnitPicks Options
Notes: LOVE this scarf, pattern, everything. I’m planning on using up some of my leftovers for some flip top mitts & a hat. Not matchy-matchy, but close enough to wear them together. :)
*I didn’t feel like getting up mid-bind-off to put in another DVD & it was on.