I’ve been dogsitting Simon & Riley while Mindy & her Mr. are visiting family in PA. Which means I’ve got access to more than 5 channels on TV. Thus far, I’ve had mini marathons of:
- What Not to Wear (still have like 6 eps on the DVR to watch)
- Bizarre Foods, which has been on live most of the day today.
- The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
- That 70s Show. No real marathon, but I fell asleep to it last night & it was on when I got out of bed this morning.
I also caught up with the Biggest Loser “where are they now” special on Thursday night, which was inspiring while also making me feel bad about not going to the gym all week. I almost wish I had enough weight to lose at this point to apply for the show. Sadly, I’d have to gain about 50 pounds for that to be possible. Not gonna happen.
I still have several episodes of You Are What You Eat recorded on the DVR to watch, too. And I go home tomorrow early in the afternoon. Yikes.
What have I learned from all this TV?
- Andrew Zimmern eats a lot of really strange stuff. I already knew this, but it bears repeating (and relearning).
- Eric & Donna keep breaking up and getting back together.
- Billy is always stupid, Mandy is always sarcastic. Irwin is comic relief.
- I still don’t know what I should wear. Once I drop this last 50 pounds, I’m gonna need one of my close friends to nominate me for What Not To Wear. I’ll keep wearing my size 3x fleece jackets that are already 3 sizes too big if that helps.
- I need to get to the gym & keep going to the gym. I am so impressed with the number of people on TBL that have maintained their weight and made changes in their community based on what they learned on the show. Carla from last season, who initially weighed in at 360+ pounds ran a half marathon. And at 247 lbs at the update, she looked fabulous! Helen (last seasons winner) looks like she found that balance that I thought she was lacking as the winner – she’s not as pointy now and still looks fabulous. Seriously – there was an entire room full of past contestants running a half marathon. I really need to find a way to cook healthy for one person (hmm, maybe I’ll learn some of that during tonight’s You Are What You Eat marathon).
- You can get a lot of knitting done with the tv on in the background.