I am totally stealing this idea from Mindy. Because it’s awesome. And I get to talk about food.
As she mentioned on her blog, our friend J-Dawg (heh) is moving to Indiana this weekend. Well, he’s a friend because of Mindy & her boy and all of our movie-going adventures.
Since he’s a drug pusher Trader Joe’s guy, today’s little tribute is my 10 favorite TJ’s items.
- Dark Chocolate Pretzel Thins and the Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pretzels. These are crack, y’all. CRACK. So good. I just discovered the pretzel thins & they are delicious. I love that whole salty/sweet combo anyway, so pretzels + chocolate = LOVE.
- The Roasted Garlic Boule. You know I love a good crusty bread and this is great. It’s got whole cloves of garlic in it, people. YUM.
- Not a food, but the vitamin/supplements ROCK. I get all my probiotics there and have started picking up my Glucosamine & Flax Seed Oil there, too. Way cheaper than Target for basically the same stuff. Yay!
- Also not a food, but there are 3 bath products I love – the Nourish Spa shampoo & conditioner (sulfate-free!) & the honey mango Moisturinzing Cream Shave are awesome. AWESOME!
- Low Sodium Tongol canned tuna. TJ’s was the first place I found a low sodium tuna & it’s fantastic. I first bought it when Ziggy the Wondercat was throwing up ALL THE TIME because of his sensitive stomach & he’d get a little each night with his Miralax (hi, too much information about my cat’s digestive problems? You know how they say that pets & their owners become alike, right? This is TOO MUCH.). Anyway, I have since found him a good canned food made for actual cats, but still like the low sodium tuna for me.
- Candy Cane Joe-Joe’s. Sure, they’re only available in the winter/Christmas season, but they are goood. Think Oreo’s but better & then with candy cane pieces crushed up in the cream center. YUM. I have to limit myself to buying one box per year now that I’m trying to be healthy. Is it Christmas yet?
- Spanikopita. It’s in the frozen food section & I love it. Sadly, it hasn’t been purchased since I went on my health kick. Also in the frozen foods section – Shepherd’s Pie. It’s yummy, it cooks in the microwave, it’s less than 400 calories, & it has vegetables in it. Need I say more?
- Sweet Potato Frites. I’ve grown to love sweet potatoes & even though these probably aren’t as good for you as a nice baked sweet potato, I feel like I’m eating better if I pop a few of these in the oven to satisfy my french fry craving.
- The lovely cookies & candies lining top of the frozen foods aisle. The milk chocolate clouds, mini peanut butter cups, southern pecan cookies, and all that other deliciousness I shouldn’t be eating anymore.
- The Roasted Garlic Hummus. I love garlic. Hummus is okay. But this is DIVINE. So good slathered on some pita bread. Or as a veggie dip. Or just straight into my mouth. Delicious.
Mindy also brought up a much missed item – the cinnamon apples in the dried fruits section. I loved those. I ate them with abandon. And the last few times I’ve been in (okay EVERY TIME in the past 6 months) I keep looking for them as if they will magically disappear. Where are my cinnamon apples, Trader Joe’s? (while I’m at it, B wants to know where his drummies at.)