I have one last FO from 2008 that I haven’t discussed yet as it was a secret knitting project for Shel. But, now that it has arrived on her doorstep, I can tell you more about it.
There isn’t really much else to say about it – so here are the details:
Pattern: Flying Spaghetti Monster from HistoryWeaver
Yarn: Encore Worsted (for the “pasta”), Queensland Kathmandu Aran (for the meatballs)
Needles: Size 7 dpns
Additional Materials: Floral wire, polyfil (I actually used some leftover quilt batting), eyeballs
Notes: I used 24 gauge beading wire for the posable noodles & it broke into several pieces by the time I was putting everything together. So I’d recommend going with a thicker or stronger wire for similar projects. I also didn’t want to make my own eyeballs out of clay, so I bought some doll eyes that had a hole in them the wire could be fed through.
Also, one of the “noodles” was knit by one of my fellow Sunday knitters when she forgot to bring her knitting to our holiday potluck.
This was a really easy project to get done, although I was getting bored with the incessant miles of i-cord by the end of it. Still, it was fun and I’m very happy with how it turned out.