Ah, a shiny new year means it’s time for a set of shiny new goals:
- First and foremost is getting in shape/getting healthier. Even though I started working towards this in September, I set a goal to get down to a specific weight by the end of August. At this moment, I am 43 pounds away from that goal weight, so it’s completely doable. I joined up with a nearby “fitness club”/gym this week, so that should help with this one, too.
In the world of yarn:
- I want to learn to crochet (more than crocheting a border on something). I have the hooks, I have yarn, I have a book. I should be able to do this.
- I want to do some charity knitting/crocheting. I’ll probably make a bunch of snuggly things for the cats at Stray Rescue and maybe even some more cat toys (although I still have the ones I made before to donate).
- I will finish four of the five knitting projects I have on the needles. The one I probably won’t finish is the knee highs I started in June. (Currently on the needles to finish: February Lady Sweater, Scrunchable Scarf, Dashing Mittens, Bittersweet Socks.)
- I want to make a pair of colorwork mittens (or armwarmers/mitts).
- Finally, the yarn diet. It is on again. As I mentioned in a previous post, I have a gift certificate that should take care of most of my yarn needs for the year when combined with what I have in my stash.
- I want to make another weekend trip to Chicago sometime. I generally love Chicago, but the last two trips haven’t been great (I blame the hotel location), so I want to have a good trip there again. Maybe Stitches or BlogHer?
- I’d like to go somewhere I haven’t been before, although I haven’t planned anything at the moment. There are a lot of places I want to go, both within & outside of the US.
That’s about it, I think. I hope that 2009 will be a great year for me & everyone I know.