I know. I KNOW. My poor little blog is feeling neglected. (Okay, it’s only been a week since I posted, but longer than that since there was actual content.)
I’ve reached a point where I have too much to do and not enough time to do it. So, a quick update in bullet form:
- Job news – It’s official, I’m officially working at the previously temp position permanently. Full time. Benefits. WOO – health insurance! Tuition now free! WOOO. And as a bonus, they made my position retroactive to this last pay period, which means I get a little extra moolah on payday (which is Friday).
- Knitting news – I’m working on scrappy scarf #2 out of Kureyon scraps (I couldn’t help myself – and I have a third in the pipeline), a toddler sweater for EmmyG (daughter of Stonecutter Jules and the “winner” of my handknit item from the NOLA fundraiser I attempted to do. I raised all of $20 for New Orleans. Fail.), and various other projects stuck in limbo. Which means that tonight at Knit Nite I’m going to swatch for some thrummed mittens. Because that’s how I roll.
- School news – Oy. Seriously, I am somehow overwhelmed right now. It’s not just school, but that’s definitely a contributing factor. One class requires a paper, group project/presentation, and final exam. The other class meets less frequently (marathon class format – 8a-5p on the days we meet), but is also a lot of work. I’m working on the assignment due Friday, we’ll have a quiz then, there’s also a group project there that involves a presentation AND a paper. So, yeah. I don’t know what I was thinking.
- Life news – Mindy‘s wedding is next weekend, which is exciting. Yay!!! The bachelorette party is this weekend and promises to be fun. While I’m super excited for Mindy & her boy, I will be glad to be able to focus my attention to the other things in life again (as I’m sure Mindy will as well – she’s been about 100 times busier than me).
- Get Healthy news – It’s going well, I think. I’m in week 4 or 5 (I can’t really remember) and I’m only down 5.5 pounds, but it seems like the fat is redistributing into muscle – I’ve lost 2 inches off my waist already (which means that my pants are too big. Even the ones I just bought a couple months ago that were a bit snug when I got them.) I’m also doing some strength training at home, really trying to incorporate things for my arms and abs at the moment. The cardio is going well – I still have trouble keeping up with my DVDs, but I’m getting better. :) It’s not like getting in shape means that I will suddenly lose every ounce of clumsiness I have (and there is A LOT of clumsy in me). Also, I’ve only had fast food twice since I started this plan and both were health concious choices – Lion’s Choice (less than 300 calories for a regular roast beef sammich, folks) and chicken tenders from BK (not as good as Lion’s choice, but not as bad as everything elso on the menu – only about 380 calories for an 8 piece).
- HFCS-free news – This could have gone in the get healthy section, but eh. I’m doing pretty good. As I predicted, Dr. Pepper is my only lingering HFCS containing product. I’m not at all strict about it when I’m out, but I’m also eating at home a lot more. And the best part – I found a FANTASTIC bread that is HFCS free. It’s yummy and soft and delicious AND (bonus!!) only 80 calories for 2 slices. It’s Healthy Life Double Fiber with Flaxseed. So yummy. (Beware – some of their breads do still have HFCS in them, this is just not one of them). So delicious. And saves about 175 calories over 2 slices of regular wheat bread.
I think that’s about all that’s going on here. Now I have a long list of things to do and not nearly enough time to do them in.