I was all ready to post about how the way I make a playlist/mix CD has changed in the past year or so. How now, instead of finding specific songs that elicit a feeling or go well with the “theme” I’m working with, a song shows up on my daily shuffle and I think that it might work well on a mix. Then more songs get shuffled up and put onto said mix in the same manner. It takes much longer to do it this way, but since I like to be able to wander around when the music is playing, it’s much more efficient than changing playlists every hour or so.
But then a last night I got an itch for what has become my yearly spring playlist – upbeat music that I can listen to in the car with the windows down and speakers blaring. And in just a couple hours* I had what was nearly a complete mix ready for the car.
I haven’t posted a mix in a while. Unlike the spring mix**, the last one languished for a while before I got my shit in gear and just FINISHED IT ALREADY. Seriously, it was missing like 4 songs and contained one I got tired of for MONTHS. This is one I made the new way – shuffled until finished.
The Way The Cookie Crumbles
- Pumpkin Soup – Kate Nash
- In My Head – Queens of the Stone Age
- Everything’s Just Wonderful – Lily Allen
- Got You Where I Want You – the Flys
- The Boogie Monster – Gnarls Barkley
- Out Here All Night – Damone
- Battle Flag – Lo Fi All Stars
- Hump De Bump – Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Wake Up Scarlett – Duke Special
- A Southern Thing – Better Than Ezra
- Girls Who Play Guitars – Maximo Park
- I Want to Be a Popstar – Jamie Cullum
- Nice – Duran Duran
- Na Na Na Na Naa – Kaiser Chiefs
- Wax Ecstatic – Sponge
- Addicted – Amy Winehouse
- Possum Kingdom – Toadies
- Baby Boomerang – The Shins
- Why Didn’ t You Call Me? – Macy Gray
*During which I was procrastinating writing the short homework assignment it eventually took me all of 15 minutes to write and print out. SLACKER. I am, in fact, writing this post as I take a dinner break from studying for tomorrow’s midterm.
**Which is still undergoing some fine tuning. Will post it when done. Get ready to shake your booty, won’t ya?