Just in time for the night of snow ahead of us, a little Christmas meme. Deborah tagged me, so here we go:
Here are the questions (feel free to substitute the winter holiday of your choice & to add questions):
- What was the best Christmas present you got as a kid? Hmm, I don’t remember. I was very excited about my Garfield phone one year.
- What was the best Christmas present you got as an adult? My digital camera – it rocks!
- What’s your favorite Christmas carol? carol – Jingle Bells. Song? All I Want For Christmas Is You (can’t stand Mariah Carey, I LOVE this song).
- How long can you stand to listen to Christmas music before you break? If it’s music of my choice, a long time. Can’t generally stand the music forced on me in stores, though.
- How many Christmas albums do you own? Too many too count
- Did you ever go caroling as a kid? Yes, used to do it with a group of friends.
- Would you willingly eat fruitcake? Well, I’ll try anything once and I’ve never tried fruitcake, so yes.
- Do you own any Christmas sweaters? Oh, hell no. I do not like the Christmas sweater.
- Do you own any Christmas jewelry? What? No, no Christmas jewelry either.
- Do you wear them? not having = not wearing
- Did your family have any weird Christmas traditions? Like what? I don’t think we had any weird traditions. I used to get a new set of pajamas every year – it was the one present I got to open on Christmas Eve. Many of the Christmas morning pictures of me as a kid, I’m still wearing my holiday jammies.
- Do you buy Christmas presents for your pets? Not really. If anything, Ziggy the Wondercat will get a new crocheted mouse or feathery toy.
- What’s your favorite Christmas cookie? Mexican Wedding Cakes – so tasty, but a little difficult to make.
- What’s your favorite Christmas candy? Toffee. I love Christmas toffee.
- What’s your stocking look like? Haven’t had one the last couple years, but I wanted this one.
- How do you feel about the “Steal from Your Neighbor” Christmas present game (the one where people pick gifts from a pile, but others get to steal it)? I love it. We play that every year at our family Christmas Eve Party.
- What is the oldest ornament on your tree? Don’t know – I haven’t put up a tree in the past few years and all my stuff is in storage. Can’t remember what my oldest one is.
- Real or artificial? Artificial. I am too accident prone to deal with the fire risk involved in a real tree.
- How do you feel about Christmas letters? Like reading them, hate writing them. In fact, I’ve never written one.
- Do you have Christmas decorations or lights outside your house? What are they? I like them, but again don’t have anything. I like one color light schemes, though.
- How far would you drive to see Christmas lights? Um, around the neighborhood.
- Are you a fan of tasteful or tacky? Tasteful. Hate tacky. Don’t like the blow up stuff in front yards, don’t like multicolored lights, and I’m not a fan of the light up figures.
Now, I’m supposed to tag 3 people, but I don’t tag. So feel free to steal this one if you’d like.