Welcome to NaBloPoMo, folks. The month where I need to find things to talk about as to entertain the masses and post once a day. I haven’t really thought this through, but I think I’ll try to post random stories from times past or current times when warranted. Some will be accompanied by photos. All posts will have the random song of the day, which will most likely be something that shuffled up on Ferris the iPod that day.
There will still be knitting content. Don’t you worry!
To get us started, I’m going to whip out this little meme that Mai tagged me for a couple weeks ago. Technically, I was tagged for this one before Ziggy. But he’s more of an enigma. I tend to vomit words all over the internet, so it’s hard to come up with the random things about myself.
Anyway, here are the rules: once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. then post the rules before your list, and list eight random things about yourself. at the end of the post, you must tag and link to eight other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they’ve been tagged.
- I don’t like pepperoni pizza. It’s too greasy and too much pepperoni. However, I do like a bit of pepperoni when I have other things on my pizza.
- The first pet I had that I was old enough to take care of was an Abyssinian guinea pig. I named him Fluffy (I was still only 7 or 8) and had him for 7 years. Fluffy lived a longer than average life for a guinea pig – they usually only live 4 or 5 years.
- My very first pet, however, was a cat. I named her Jelly because…I’m not really sure why I named her Jelly. I think it was because I was 5 and I liked Jelly. She was black – I like black cats.
- It’s wrong of me, but I like to try and get my cat(s) to wear hats and sunglasses. It rarely ends well.
- I generally wear 1 of 3-4 pairs of shoes everywhere, yet I have a ton more shoes than that. Most of them for everyday wear.
- I am all out of things to say tonight. I blame the paper that I had to turn in this afternoon.
- I don’t tag people. Feel free to steal if you’d like, though.
NaBloPoMo song of the day: Teenage Dirtbag – Wheatus. Heard on the way to class this afternoon while listening to Thom & Jeff on the Point. I am so not their target demographic, but like them anyway. Most of the time.