I don’t know why, but I feel the need to do many things in the name of my birthday right now. It’s not even until Tuesday, but I think having a holiday right next to it really makes one think that the birthday celebration should be long, or that anything one does during the weekend preceding said celebration is birthday related.
So. Anyway. I did my time in Gunsmoke today, got the eyes examined (Hi Amy!), sat at the DMV for a little bit, and had a “birthday lunch” with Dad. We were going to do dinner, but then I was there early and without lunch plans…
Remember how I suggested to Dad that he get me a yarn gift certificate for my birthday? He went up to my favorite LYS on Wednesday and picked one up for me. Let me just say that I can do some obscene yarn stash enhancement with this thing.
On that note, it is still Friday, so here is the last shuffle of my 31st year on this planet.
- More Human Than Human – White Zombie
- Dr. Feelgood (Love Is a Serious Business) – Aretha Franklin
- Cinnamon Road – Shawn Colvin
- Losers – The Cardigans
- Juicebox – The Strokes
- Piece of My Heart – Janis Joplin
- Miniature Disasters – KT Tunstall
- Teenager – Better Than Ezra
- Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavour – Lonnie Donegan
- Dead Souls – Nine Inch Nails
Definitely a diverse shuffle. And with that, I’m off to bed. I get to work tomorrow, so I need some sleep.