So, I made it to the last day of NaBloPoMo. Woo!
I really didn’t talk about music nearly as much as I thought I would this month, especially being that I have a serious music addiction problem. I mean, c’mon, I got a new iPod* not because Manny was busted and unrepairable, but because he was full and I needed more than 20GB of music with me on a daily basis. It’s a sickness, people.
Anyway, as the freezing rain and snow fall outside, enjoy my most recent mix – it’s tough to walk without strings.
- Iieee – Tori Amos
- Train In Vain – The Clash
- I Get A Kick Out Of You – Jamie Cullum
- She’s My Man – Scissor Sisters
- In the Round – The Cardigans
- Your Southern Can Is Mine – The White Stripes
- Cry on Demand – Gomez
- Kids With Guns – Gorillaz
- Steven’s Last Night In Town – Ben Folds Five
- Suddenly I See – Kt Tunstall
- Am I Getting Through (Part I & II) – Sheryl Crow
- Daria – Cake
- Rainbows in the Dark – Tilly & the Wall
- I Do – Better Than Ezra
- Some Cities – Doves
- Black Eyed Boy – Texas
- Make Me – Peaches
- You Were Right – Badly Drawn Boy
- Push It – Garbage
- Smiley Faces – Gnarls Barkley
Also, 3 albums/artists you should check out:
- Super Extra Gravity – the Cardigans. I can’t say enough good things. I know most harcore music/Cardigans fans have had this album over a year (as have I), but seriously, check it out if you haven’t already. Forget their 90s hit Lovefool and take a listen to them now.
- Back In Black – Amy Winehouse. A friend suggested I check her out and I’m glad he did. To completely steal his description “Imagine if Etta James was white, British, and alcoholic.” If you click through the link, the songs are streaming on her website.
- Catching Tales – Jamie Cullum. I know, I know. Why won’t I just shut up about him already, right? Well, because he’s fabulous and I seem to have made it my personal mission to make sure everyone I know gives him a listen. Catching Tales is a fine fine album, too.
Also worth a listen: How We Operate – Gomez, St. Elsewhere – Gnarls Barkley, Impeach My Bush – Peaches.
Finally, to end this musically heavy post, your Holiday Song of the Day is Baby it’s Cold Outside – Leon Redbone & Zooey Deschanel. Maybe not the greatest version of the song out there, but I like it.
Thank you St. Louis! Goodnight!
*Tentatively named Ferris. I’m seeing if the name sticks before I commit.