Day 15. We’re halfway through the month! Woot!
For the topic of the day, a few thing starting with O*.
- Overthinking. I’m famous for it and do it much too often for my liking. Sometimes I’d just like to be able to take things at face value and not look for any hidden meaning – a skill I do actually seem to be acquiring in the past few months, as long as I don’t think about it too much. Heh.
- Oblivious. Then there are the times I’m completely oblivious to what’s going on around me. Like when people try to be all subtle about stuff and I’m just wandering around in my little bubble singing lah-dee-dah and have no clue what’s really going on. This is not always a bad thing.
- One. The song, originally by U2. I have 3 different covers on my iPod right now. I was listening to it this morning and it’s still amazing to me that someone can take a song you’ve heard so much and change it into something else. Anyway, One is much more poignant now. Not that it wasn’t before, but I think sometimes songs can lose their meaning when you hear them too much.
- Only child. I was/am one of those. It’s a pretty good racket, as evidenced by the ridiculously expensive Christmas presents I’ve gotten for the past 3 years.
- Oh, my sinuses. They’re just crazy right now, what with the sinus headache and sniffling and sneezing. I came home from work early and slept for a few hours because of them. Stupid Sinuses.
That is all. Except for your tunes of the day.
Song of the day: Oh, God – Jamie Cullum
Cover song of the day: One – Johnny Cash
Artist of the day: Outkast
*I was going to do fifteen for day fifteen, a la Dixie, but dude – 15 things that start with O that I can say something about? That’s hard.